For several years, a group of MHRRC members has been meeting for weekend runs in Poughkeepsie. MHRRC members -- AND ESPECIALLY NEW RUNNERS -- who would like to participate are encouraged to join us.
- Questions? Email Polly Sparling
- Have a route you'd like us to try? We'd love to hear about it; please let Polly know the details via email.
- Hope to see you on our weekend training run!
MAY TRAINING RUNS
Only two training runs will be held in MAY, on the11th and the 25th. (Join us on the 18th for the WOMEN'S RUN at the Dutchess Rail Trail, beginning at 8 a.m.). Those looking to run six miles meet at Spratt Park at 8 a.m., if you'd rather run a three-mile route, meet at 8 a.m. at the parking area at Vassar Farms (at the intersection of Hooker Ave. and Rte. 376. Follow driveway to the end). See you there!
WEATHER NOTE: If we are going to cancel a run due to weather, I will post a cancellation notice on this page no later than 7 a.m. on the morning of the run. Thunderstorms/blizzards cancel, but rain (and light snow) generally do not.
Training Run Guidelines
- Training runs will be held on SATURDAY MORNINGS beginning at either 7:30 or 8 a.m. Please check this page after Wednesday each week to see if a run is scheduled.
- All runs will begin at Spratt Park, which is on Wilbur Boulevard in Poughkeepsie. We will meet in the parking lot next to Christo's Restaurant, in front of the baseball field. (This location is approximately one mile from the intersection of Wilbur and Spackenkill Road, on the right.)
- Polly Sparling is the committee chairperson and organizer. PLEASE E-MAIL POLLY BY 6 P.M. FRIDAY EVENING IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND THE RUN.
- BAD WEATHER NOTE: If the run is going to be cancelled due to weather, a note will be posted on this page by 7 a.m. on the day of the run.
- You are responsible for bringing whatever supplies (water, gel, a friend or two, etc.) that you need.
- At the present time, our pace is "leisurely" (10-11 minutes). Most (but not all) of the current group members are female, but we welcome anyone who wants to join us. We can accommodate whatever shape you are in, and routes can be modified if necessary. We have some walk-runners, and also some people who are a bit speedier than others, but we don't leave anyone behind, no matter what.
- NEW RUNNERS: please feel free to come and try us out!
Questions? Please e-mail me at email@example.com. See you on the road!
Want a different time, place, pace, etc.?
Want to set up your own training run? Simply contact the webmaster or Polly to have your run published on the web site. You set the date, time, pace, place and whoever shows up, shows up. This is a great way to meet other runners and get motivated for spring and summer running/races.