There were 150 finishers in the 5K Daffodil Day Race from Vassar Hospital. There were a few glitches with the course (some runners got off course), but overall, it was a fun time for all. Post-race food was great and it was nice to be in the warm Dyson Center for the food and awards ceremony.
Results are published in Race Results>>2007-Current Results. Race photos are in Race Results>>Race Photo Albums.
Many thanks to race directors Sue O'Neil and Marilyn Lashlee for their tireless efforts on this race.
Thanks to the sponsors who provided such nice amenities to the runners:
- Vassar Brothers Hospital
- Cancer Services Program of Dutchess County
- Premier Medical Group and Hudson Valley Urology and GI Associates
- Bobby's Salsa
- Awards from Wild Hive Farm Bakery
- MVP Healthcare.
Of course, special thanks to all the volunteers who showed up so early on a Saturday, especially:
- Perks' Posse (Polly Sparling, Debbie Dyle, Karen Tremaine, Barbara Bennet, Margaret Schmitz, Karen O'Connor)
- Food set-up (Amy Wen, Alison and Nick Tempestilli, Debbie Perez, Marilyn Lashlee, Ariele Laidlaw, Bobby's Salsa)
- Pre-registration bib pick-up (Renee Pabst, Ann Carruthers)
- Civil Air Patrol
- Traffic control (Hugh Edmonds, Connie Grace, Cathy Lane, Lynne Kopac, Keith Axelrod)
- Water stop (Yonni Nature's Panty, Yonni and Sabrina)
- Photography (Bob Kopac) - it is Bob's photo associated with this story.
- Finish line (Linda Stowe, Claude Bodley)
- Emergency services (Trans Care)
- Scoring (Tom Storey, Mary Veltre, Deborah Schwartz)
Putting on a race is a team effort and we couldn't do it without our volunteers.
Chronotrack scoring worked well and we got the results out quickly.